Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Nars Audacious Mascara Review

Hello Beauties <3

I was excited to receive a sample of the new Nars Audacious mascara in Black Moon (actually it was 4 but who's counting) with my recent orders from Nordstroms. It was my first Nars mascara so I couldn't wait to dive right in and try it. First of all, the packaging caught my eye - black with a red top, kind of reminds me of a tube of lipstick. Good thing I love me some lippies!

Image result for nars audacious mascara





















Once I opened it and pulled out the wand, it hit me.....there really are "hooks" on the applicator as it was described on the Nars website. Over two hundred hooks to be exact.The lash catching brush grips and coats lashes from root to tip.  I won't lie, I was a little intimidated but I took the plunge anyway. Nars says this mascara builds to thrill. It is lightweight and long-wearing. 


Image result for nars audacious mascara

According to the Nars website, Audacious Mascara lets you go to extremes - eye's the limit. Every layer multiplies and amplifies. Their statistics show after one coat users reported a dramatic effect in the appearance of their lashes.


  • 100% say it lengthens
  • 96% agree it defines
  • 96% note it volumizes
  • 93% report it doesn't smudge once dry

Claims based on Independent Consumer study after 4 weeks.

Image result for nars audacious mascaraImage result for nars audacious mascara

So here's the low down on my lashes: they are long so what I look for in a mascara is one that thickens them without the clumping. In my collection of mascara, the ones I reach for the most are Too Faced Better Than Sex and Josie Maran Argan Oil. 

I hope Nars Audacious is up for the challenge against these two heavy hitters.


Ok beauties, now for the pictures of how this mascara performed. On the left eye my lashes are bare naked. On the right I have applied 2 coats.


Once applied to both eyes, you will see how stubborn my right eyelashes are (left side when looking at the below picture) It definitely is not the mascara's fault, my lashes just have a mind of their own. My left eyelashes (right side when looking at the below picture) always cooperate and do not separate and clump together. I have been using one of my Nars Audacious mascara samples (0.12 oz) for a few weeks now and I am really enjoying it. The full size is 0.32 oz and retails for $26.





Overall, this mascara performed just as good as my 2 other favorite mascaras. It thickened my lashes and lasted all day with no smudging. I do not particularly like using this type of brush on my lower lashes but that's just a personal preference. I hope you all get the opportunity to try the new Nars Audacious mascara and love it as much as I do.

Stacey <3


              Beauty in Paradise's Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment