Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

September Empties - Yay or Nay

Hello Beauties <3

Another month is behind us and that means more beauty products have been used and it's time to talk about the yays and nays of my September empties.



Previse Nutrify Tonic Level 1-6  Retail price $48 for 3.0 oz

A description from their website:

Our potent antioxidant elixir helps to hydrate your skin. Nutrify is not a serum or toner. Nutrify is oil-free and non-astringent. Step 2.0 in our three-step series, Nutrify follows Purify, our sulfate-free wash. Nutrify helps hydrate skin, fights free radicals and waterborne pollutants or additives like chlorine.


Nutrify Liposomal Tonic 1-6 is our latest bio-healthy innovation to help hydrate skin plus fight free radicals and surface irritants. Our oil-free tonic is unique and unlike oil-base serums. Nutrify sits deep in the dermis to help keep pores clean, hydrate the skin, plus fight free radicals and waterborne pollutants or additives. The bio-heathy tonic was crafted with Professional Makeup Artists for exceptional performance. The dual benefit, mattifying hydrator helps scavenge free radicals PLUS acts as a key, light-weight barrier to makeup that may contain parabens, triclosan and other skin irritating ingredients.
One of our signature ingredients is Bellis perennis, a daisy flower extract. The non-bleaching botanical helps stop brown spots. Our closely guarded recipe contains the highest grade active ingredients which are slowly blended to retain maximum potency. You can expect Nutrify to help fight skin oxidization, promote cellular regeneration, and even skin tone while mattifying for a cleaner appearance for both men and women. As with all Previse products Nutrify is free of parabens, silicones and skin clogging petroleum ingredients.

My thoughts on this product:

I really enjoyed using this product. The description says it's not a serum or a toner but I most definitely used it as a toner during my morning and nighttime skin routine. It left my skin feeling hydrated and ready for the day. My first thought was I would never pay $48 a bottle but since I received it in a subscription box (BoxyCharm March 2015), I gave it a whirl. To my surprise, it actually lasted me 6 months so the bottom line is, it's worth the price in my opinion. 


Nude Advanced Renewal Eye Complex - Retail price $58 for 0.50 oz

I am a huge eye cream addict especially ones that say age defying or anti aging. I was able to get 5 uses out of this sample. A little goes a long way, dab gently with your ring finger under your eyes up towards the outer part of your brow. I applied it during both my day and night time skin routines. The concentrated treatment nourishes and smooths under your eyes with omegas 3, 6 and 9, wrinkle smoothing protein peptides and moisturizing hyaluronic acids. It leaves your skin looking younger and feeling revitalized and instantly tight.

Results from their website:
  • 100% said the eye area was moisturized and hydrated*
  • 88% said this product helped smooth wrinkles around the eye area*
  • 97% said the eye area was soothed*
  • 88% said the eye area felt nourished and firm*
  • 88% said the eye area appeared more luminous*
  • 79% said this product was more effective than other anti-aging eye products they have used*
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey after 4 weeks

Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Milk - Retail price $58 for 1.0 oz

This sample lasted 3 uses for me. Some serums have more of a liquidy consistency but this is a cream serum and I actually prefer this type. A skin-quenching serum packed with omega-rich super foods that promotes smooth, luminous, healthy-looking skin. This lightweight, fast absorbing but intense serum delivers instant hydration and nourishment to thirsty skin and can be used both day and night

Results from their website:
Immediately after use:
  • 100% said it quickly absorbs into skin*
  • 90.3% said skin feels revitalized*
  • 90.3% said skin feels instantly hydrated*
  • 83.9% said it helps even skin tone*
After 2 weeks of use:
  • 100% said skin feels smoother*
  • 83.9% said skin feels hydrated throughout the day*
  • 83.9% said skin appears rejuvenated after use*
  • 80.6% said skin feels more youthful*
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey on 31 subjects.
Nude Cellular Renewal Moisturizer - Retail price $88 for 1.7 oz
I was able to get 5 uses out of this possibly old sample, I think it may be a discontinued or revamped moisturizer. I could not find it on their website but was able to find their Advanced Renewal Moisturizer. I found this anti aging moisturizer to be hydrating and lightweight but had a not so nice smell to it.

Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Towelettes - Retail price $11.99 for 150 count
Included in this box are 4 - 30 count flip top recloseable lid packs and 2 - 15 count resealable travel packs. I absolutely love these makeup wipes from Costco. I use them every night to remove my makeup although I still pour a little makeup remover on them just to help remove my waterproof mascara with ease. I do not like tugging on my eyes and lashes if I don't have to.
Pamper yourself with an effective and complete skin care solution that offers a deep clean and will not irritate your skin. This mild formula has cucumber, chamomile flower extract and aloe and will remove all traces of makeup, dirt and oil leaving your skin glowing and refreshed, No need to rinse your face afterwards.

GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment - Retail price $69 for 1.2 oz

I love facial masks but this mask is not one that I would purchase in the future. Not because I didn't like it or that it had a negative effect on my skin but because its main purpose targets, prevents and heals problem skin which benefit my normal skin. This treatment mask helps fight all the common skin concerns including breakouts, discoloration, black and white heads, razor bumps, and in-grown hair. What I did like about it and benefited from was that it draws out dirt and cleans out clogged pores leaving skin soft, smooth, bright and healthy looking. 

MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - Retail price $43 for 1.0 oz

This was a sample from Sephora in Y345 Natural Beige but it was a little too light for my face during the summer months so I had to add some bronzer.  This is my HG foundation at the moment.

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - Retail price $39 for 1.0 oz

I received samples if this foundation in Sand and Golden. I actually liked the way this foundation looked on me and lasted throughout the day. Although I'm loving the MUFE Ultra HD foundation, this is a very close second for me. As far as the color goes, Golden was a better color match for my skin tone.

Overall, my September empties were a Yay except for the Nude Skin Care moisturizer. I'm not sold on it.

Let's see what I will use in the month of October...........until then....


Stacey <3











No comments:

Post a Comment